Depilex Smileagain in a socio-economic seminar for welfare of women
Center for Policy Studies organized a Seminar on Development in Pakistan and Women inclusive Strategies along with the exhibition of women entrepreneurs. The event held in Ramada Hotel Islamabad attempted to highlight:
· The role women play in the socio-economic development of Pakistan
· The need for developing strategies to further tap the talent and potential of women workforce of the country
· The link between women inclusive strategies/policies and development, growth and progress
· The Central position of women in nation building
· How women can act as agents of positive change
Ayesha Taslim, Director Program participated in the seminar as Depilex Smileagain representative. The panelists gave bird’s eye-view of global perspective, institutional processes in Pakistan. Situation of capacity building and quality education for girls, skill development and facilitation for women entrepreneurship in the rural areas and rationale for expanding space for women in the socio-economic sphere was discussed in detail. Gender related aspects in the context of Islam, how women have contributed to the development of art and literature in Pakistan were projected in detail.
During the question/answer session a number of existing human rights violations were discussed. The Depilex Smileagain representative highlighted the need to train the law enforcing personnel for effective implementation of the laws related to women’s rights.