Depilex Smileagain Foundation is committed to providing the survivors not only with medical care and assistance but also an adequate chance to become productive, self reliant members of the society that has ostracized them. Our vision extends beyond the immediate.
To help female survivors of acid and kerosene oil burns in Pakistan by providing them appropriate medical attention and reconstructive surgery, psychological, psychiatric support, shelter and vocational training.
To create social awareness and sensitivity by working towards the complete eradication of this heinous crime.
Aims and objectives:
- To educate the public about violence against women with emphasis on acid & kerosene burn victims.
- To voice concern collectively in order to try to put an end to this felony.
- To provide an impetus to the government to implement and enforce legislation.
- To set up a legal representation cell.
- To provide medical treatment and reconstructive surgery for the survivors.
- To make support available in the form of psychological and psychiatric assistance, in order to facilitate social reintegration of the survivors.
- To set up a rehabilitation centre to house the survivors and provide vocational training to enable them to become self sufficient.
- To create a volunteer workers support group to interact with the survivors and help their re-absorption in the mainstream society.
- To help with job placement for the survivors.